APMSA invites its members to submit original, print-quality photography images featuring chapter and podiatry school events and activities to be included in its digital publications. Photos may be submitted at any time and must meet both the content and technical guidelines listed below in order to receive consideration.
How to get involved
- You may submit photos that meet all guidelines listed below. Not all submitted photos will be used.
- By emailing your photos to APMSA, you give permission for APMSA to publish them in a publication of our choosing. You will receive credit for any photos published, but not financial remuneration. You may list APMSA’s inclusion of your photography on your CV.
- Refer to the guidelines below when submitting your photos and submit via email to email@example.com.
To submit your photos
Rename your files in the following format: last name, school, and a brief description of the content. Ex. Smith-TSPM-advocacyluncheon.jpg
Email the following to APMSA:
- Your name, school and graduation year
- The name(s) of your photo file(s)
- Detailed description(s) of the photo(s), including when and where it was taken, names of persons, objects, buildings and locations that are visible in the image, etc. Provide first and last names for anyone in the photo (check for correct spelling).
- A caption describing the photo for each submitted image
- Attach your image(s) or upload via APMSA's Dropbox File Request link (if uploading to Dropbox, include the date you uploaded the file to Dropbox within your email)
Accepted file types - JPG and PNG
Email attachment limits may require sending a group of photos in multiple messages.
APMSA is looking for photos of the following areas of podiatry student life:
- APMSA chapter events (including fundraisers, physical activities, advocacy events and more)
- Group photos of students together
- Photos of podiatry students in school
- Interesting and fun photos that illustrate a day in the life of an APMSA member
- Photos that illustrate diversity within the student body
- Photos that illustrate action and involvement
Please send the highest quality/largest size image possible, with a minimum of 300 ppi.
We recommend using a high-quality digital camera (ex. DSLR) and the highest quality setting when you shoot.
- Do not distort the image by applying photo filters or effects.
- Do not attempt to increase the size of an existing image using filters or software. This will not improve the quality or make it appropriate for printing.
- Do pay attention to framing, composition, lighting and focus.
- Avoid submitting photos that include corporate logos or artwork. APMSA-related logos and graphics are acceptable.
- Do not submit any pictures that contain nudity, violence, obscenity, profanity, illegal activity or anything else that might be considered offensive.